Tuesday evening saw the most spectacular night of our university life… well, according to the invitation anyway. Trent’s Grad Ball was hosted by Example, Rudimental and Everything Everything. Apparently Example was to unwell to play at Southampton uni’s Grad Ball the night before so it’s a bit of a lottery as to whether he’s turn up! But he did! Anyway, today’s post is about my outfit and beauty regime behind the night. I haven’t done a beauty blog in a while so I thought this would be a good excuse!
In aid of saving money – the only new item in this ensemble is the necklace! So if you see something you like, it might not currently be available to purchase. I love the colour of this skater dress, I thought it matched the black and gold accessory theme well. It was comfortable to wear all evening and stood out nicely in photos.
- Dress – Textured Pleat Tunic in Magenta from Topshop. I bought this about a year ago, it was only £26 which can be considered a bargain from Topshop!
- Bag – Another Topshop item, this one is older than a year – it has a long shoulder or cross-the-body strap as well but I thought it would look best as a clutch with this outfit.
- Shoes – Black stilettos from New Look. A staple item in every girls wardrobe no?
- Necklace – Diva by Miss Selfridge. Adding a black and gold necklace links the whole outfit together matching the bag and shoes with the magenta dress.
I have shared most of my beauty tips in previous posts such as In my basket I have a… and Spring Glow but here’s a little update for you. My favourite tanning produce still has to be Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze which helps to gradually build a subtle tan within a few days, while deeply moisturising your skin. Veet® EasyGrip™ Ready-to-Use Wax Strips are a new addition to my beauty regime, so much better for your skin than shaving.
- L’oreal – Elnett Satin Hair Spray
- Kevin Murphy Anti Gravity Styling Product, recommended to me by my hairdresser – it’s the best oil free volumiser and texturiser. For bigger, thicker hair, apply to wet hair and dry in.
- Miss Dior fragrance for women, my favourite perfume!
- Sure Deodorant – click the link to read my detailed review.
- Sally Hansen – Airbrush Legs, click for my review!
- Parmer’s Coco Butter Forumlar
- Superdrug – Beauty Parlour Anti Cellulite Gell
- Veet Wax Strips
1. Too Faced – Diamond Edition. I love this collection of make-up, founded by Jerrod Blandino and Jeremy Johnson in 1998, Too Faced injects creativity, colour and innovation into the cosmetics industry. My Aunty Evelyn gave me this jewelry box make-up collection which includes 8 Eye Shadows, 6 Lip Glosses, 2 Blush Powders, a Shimmer Powder, Brow Powder, Eye Liner Powder, Bonzer and Face Powder. Really and truly I need to buy a new set as all my favourite colours are running down. But this is a useful go to for going out make-up for me!
2. Powder Brush from Boots
3. Benefit – Dallas, Face Power gives your complexion a natural-looking glow.
4. Boots – No7 Beautifully Matte Mousse Foundation, light as air… and give your skin a powder soft finish with this dreamy soft mousse colour.
5. YSL – Touche Éclat, I never leave the house without it. Purchase from Cheap Smells for a discounted price.
6. Rimmel – BB Cream, claims to be a 9-in-1 skin perfecting product. 9 in 1 is a little excessive I know, but according to Rimmel inside this bottle you’ll find a primer, moisturiser, pore minimiser, concealer, coverer, smoother, mattifier, brightener and, er, protector. Believe what you will!
7. Eye Shadow Brush from Boots
8. Models Own – Double Ended Applicators, these are the best eye-shadow applicators I have every bought. They maybe small but the high-density foam applicators hold your makr-up secure in just the right consistency before dispensing it in gradual smooth amounts. I totally recommend these!
9. Barry M – Super Soft Eye Crayon in Black
10. Rimmel – Black Liquid Liner
11. Benefit – Bad Gal Lash
12. The Vintage Cosmetic Company – Nancy False Lashes
13. Benefit – Posie Tint
14. Benefit – Pore
15. Bourjois – Taille Crayon Sharpener
16. Soap and Glory – Arch De Triumph
I also created a Vine when sorting out my make-up for Grad Ball.